Champion State of Mind, PLLC carries a State of Iowa License for Adult and Juvenile Levels 1 and 2.1 Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services. This license, however, does not provide services for gambling addictions. To find an agency and/or provider near you who can help with gambling addictions, please visit https://yourlifeiowa.org/gambling
Champion State of Mind provides a variety of addiction counseling options to help with your road to recovery. While focusing on the individual strengths and needs of each client, our addiction treatment options promote healing and growth through the development of healthy lifestyle choices, educational opportunities and encouragement towards a greater sense of self. Through our effective, comprehensive care, individuals struggling with substance or behavioral addictions can participate with our addiction counselors to develop a personalized treatment plan specifically customized to meet their unique recovery goals.
When seeking support for addictions, it is important to be familiar with the different types. Addictions tend to fall into two specific categories: Substance and Behavior.
- Prescription drugs (Benzodiazepines, Stimulants, pain medication)
- Amphetamines (methamphetamines)
- Cannabis (marijuana)
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Synthetic drugs such as bath salts and spice
- Food & Eating
- Video Gaming
- Electronic Use
- Internet Use
Each addiction may also fall into one or many of these indicators:
- Cravings for the substance or behavioral act with failure to stop impulsive desire to use or perform in such act
- Withdrawal symptoms experienced after reduced use (symptoms may vary)
- Restlessness or irritability if unable to partake in usage or behavioral act
- A person taking more of a drug or substance for a longer period of time than intended and/or at a higher dosage to obtain the same original effect
- Continued desire or effort to reduce usage or follow-through with a behavior
- High levels of time, energy and/or resources used to obtain, use or recover the substance or act
- Failure to meet personal, employment, financial or academic obligations due to continued use or ongoing behavior
- Continued use of a substance or behavioral act though such causes mental health and/or physical problems as well as ongoing relationship and social issues
- A decrease in recreational, social, or family activities due to use or the behavioral act
- A person places themselves in high-risk situations to use a substance or to follow through with a behavior (drinking and driving, unprotected sexual encounters, etc.…)
- Legal trouble stemming from usage or act
- Continued use or behavior though the person is aware of the safety risk factors and ongoing damage that such use or behavior causes themselves and their loved ones
Overall, an addiction has the capacity to negatively consume every area of a person’s life. Proper treatment can hep individuals who are struggling with an addiction regain control over their lives. To help an individual reach their recovery goals, Champion State of Mind, PLLC provides the following treatment options:
Individualized addiction counseling concentrates on reducing or stopping the substance use or behavioral act, as well as addressing related areas of impaired function such as social and family relationships, employment status and illegal activity through a structured, evidenced-based recovery program. In addition, individualized addiction counseling also helps the client develop lifestyle strategies and skills to promote current and long-term abstinence from the substance or behavior. Such individuated counseling may include one to two sessions per week as well as supplemental referrals to medical, occupational and psychiatric services when deemed necessary.
Scientific research supports that group counseling can provide a powerful therapeutic tool to help clients reach their recovery goals by reducing isolation and providing the opportunity to learn from others through peer discussion and reality-based examples. Furthermore, the emotional support which can be obtained through a group setting helps to promote a strong culture of recovery. Each group counseling option is rooted in evidence-based practices as well as a solid interpersonal process to promote inclusive problem-solving. Based on current need, the topics of each counseling group may vary. Contact our office at 1-800-592-0180 to learn of current group counseling options.
*Laboratory drug testing options are available through Champion State of Mind, PLLC as a supplemental tool in promoting the health, well-being and accountability of each client.